A Genuine Ethiopian Opal Pendant.
This handmade Sterling silver pendant has been set with a natural Ethiopian Opal Pear shaped cabochon that is bursting with flashes in all the colours of the rainbow. The Opal is truly beautiful!
The silver is polished to a high shine with a matte finish on the back.
The pendant hangs from an elegant sterling silver rolo chain.
The Opal is a 100% natural gemstone, not lab created.
*Ethiopian Opals are natural gemstones that require some special care to maintain their internal fire & colourful flashes. Ethiopian Opals (unlike Australian Opals) are “hydrophane” - this means that they like to absorb moisture and when they do their appearance will change and they can lose their colour and turn brown. Ethiopian Opals can be dried out and their colour should return once dried, however this depends on how much moisture they absorbed. To maintain your Opal jewellery; pieces must be kept away from water and moisture, never swim, bathe or shower while wearing Opal jewellery and protect the Opals from moisture and dampness by always returning the jewellery to its Saturnalia box/air tight box when not being worn.*
* The Opal gem itself measure 13mmx8mm
* Total Opal carat weight is 2.4 cts approx
* The total measurement from the top of the loop to the bottom of the setting is 18x10mm
* Sterling silver chain available in several lengths, select your preferred length from the drop down menu above
* Opal is the birthstone for October
* The necklace will arrive in a Saturnalia jewellery box
* Handmade by me in my little work shop
* The pendant is under the required weight for hallmarking but can be hallmarked (at London Assay office where we are registered), for an additional cost. Please send me a message for further details. Free Worldwide Tracked & Insured shipping!
Free Worldwide Tracked & Insured Shipping!