Ethiopian Opal Solitaire Necklace in Sterling silver.
A Sterling silver pendant set with a genuine, 6mm round, Ethiopian Opal with lots of fire and flashes in all the colours of the rainbow.
The silver is polished to a high shine and hangs from an elegant sterling silver rolo chain.
The Opal is a 100% natural gemstone, not lab created.
*Ethiopian Opals are natural gemstones that require some special care to maintain their internal fire & colourful flashes. Ethiopian Opals (unlike Australian Opals) are “hydrophane” - this means that they like to absorb moisture and when they do their appearance will change and they can lose their colour and turn brown. Ethiopian Opals can be dried out and their colour should return once dried, however this depends on how much moisture they absorbed.
To maintain your Opal jewellery; pieces must be kept away from water and moisture, never swim, bathe or shower while wearing Opal jewellery and protect the Opals from moisture and dampness by always returning the jewellery to its Saturnalia box/air tight box when not being worn.*
* The Opal gem measure 6mm
* Total Opal weight is 0.85 carats
* Origin - Ethiopia, Africa
* The total measurement from the top of the bail to the bottom of the setting is 10mm
* Sterling silver chain available in several lengths, select your preferred length from the drop down menu above
* Opal is the birthstone for October
* The necklace will arrive in a Saturnalia jewellery box
* Handmade by me in my little work shop
If you have any questions please send me a message.